Do you have experience working in a hands on environment?
Do you pay great attention to everything you do?
Do you have experience working as a fabricator or working with plastics within a manufacturing capacity?
If so we want to hear from you!
We are please to be exclusively working with our client based in Cowbridge. They are looking to recruit a Plastics Fabricator on a permanent basis.
Ideally you will already have experience of working as a Plastics Fabricator however this role will also suit people with metal fabricating or joinery experience.
You will work as part of a small fabricating team and your duties will include:
- Reading engineering drawings to design fabrication solutions for various customers
- Offer guidance to the sales team around the feasibility of designs and the expected waiting time for such products
- Maintain accurate records of all drawings/specifications and details of items supplied to customer
- Suggest improvements in fabrication methods to enable customers to receive a better more efficient service
- Monitor the quality of work through out the process and correct any defects immediately
- Build a stock of samples for the sales team to use when speaking to prospective customers
- Work closely as a team to ensure all equipment is maintained and all health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Visiting various manufacturing facilities to take specifications for jobs / install products locally or across the UK as required.
This role would suit someone who:
- Takes pride in the work they do and can demonstrate excellent attention to detail skills
- Has extensive experience working in a hands on role
- Has an in depth understanding of how to read and understand engineering drawings
- Is confident communicating with customers and is happy to offer recommendations when needed
- Has knowledge of manufacturing and assembly of various products
- Has a Valid Drivers Licence (Essential)
If you are looking to expand your experience in the manufacturing industry this role is perfect for you. Full training will be provided for people without plastics experience and you will work closely at all times with the Fabrication manager who will coach and develop your skills in every area of plastics fabricating.
Standard hours of work will be Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 4pm and Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm, however the successful candidate will need to be flexible to help meet the business needs.
For more information on this fantastic opportunity please do not hesitate to contact Laura in the Cardiff Branch.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.