£13.00 - £14.00 per hour
13 days ago
We are currently recruiting for an experience Executive Assistant to provide administrative and secretarial support to the CEO and Strategic Director for an organisation based in Bridgwater. The role will be partly home based, with 1 or 2 days a week in the Bridgwater office.
Key duties and Responsibilities will include:
- To provide a full professional Personal Assistant service for the Chief Executive and one of the Strategic Directors. Effectively and seamlessly handling the day-to-day workflow of the Corporate Office by maintaining appropriate cover and handling calendar(s); scheduling appointments; arranging internal and external meetings; fielding, prioritizing and sorting email correspondence, phone calls and meeting requests.
- Acting on behalf of the CEO in correspondence, information gathering and other activities as necessary, ensuring all documentation produced by the Corporate Office is accurate, professional, handled sensitively and meets high standards of communication.
- To provide comprehensive administrative support, including diary management the drafting of correspondence and reports, presentations and excel worksheets together with minute taking where appropriate. To produce letters, reports and other documents to a high standard from audio drafts
- To co-ordinate the agenda for Strategic Leadership Team/Operational Management Team in consultation with the Chief Executive.
- To provide administrative support to key meetings; to include preparing and issuing of agendas and relevant papers and the taking of minutes and action tracking.
- To investigate and respond to complaints received in the Chief Executive's section
- Undertaking project work as requested, including researching and making a précis of relevant material, submitting findings and recommendations to the Chief Executive and Corporate Directors.
- To monitor budget income and expenditure for the Chief Executive Section as detailed in the Monthly Finance Budget Monitor and draft the initial response to Finance. Provide notes to the Chief Executive.
- To raise purchase orders and carry out the accurate processing of invoices, liaising with the Exchequer team with regard to payment of invoices and financial queries. To be authorised to certify invoices for the Chief Executive Section.
- Planning and implementing one-off events as and when required, including arranging venues, sending invitations, ordering catering/refreshments and arranging supporting speakers/participants.
Successful candidates will ideally have a relevant qualification in Business Administration or similar along with extensive experience in a Senior PA or project/office management role, to include producing correspondence on behalf of the Project Director, taking minutes of meetings, project monitoring, document management and control, basic report writing and drafting presentations. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is also required.
The successful candidate will be adept at working in a busy senior management office or project environment with a challenging and sensitive caseload, requiring your confidentiality and discretion. You will possess excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills to deal effectively with people at all levels, both internal and external to the organisation. Your ability to remain focused and continue to work productively in a pressurised environment is important.
This role is initially on a temporary basis for up to 6 months with the potential to be extended after this time.
Hours of work are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday, partly home based and partially office based.
The rate of pay is up to £14.00 per hour depending on level of experience.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.