£28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, 26 Days Paid Holiday
01392 423 301
about 2 months ago
A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. As a proven leader of assemblers in an engineering environment, you will also ideally have an understanding of working in a metal shop.
- To ensure the cell is on track meeting production and quality targets, focusing on key constraints.
- To maintain production boards within the cell with the relevant up to date information to aid production planning.
- To update the Team Leader on a daily basis of performance.
- To work closely with the Team Leader, Production Manager, and the HR team in identifying skill gap risks establishing priorities for training.
- To work closely with quality and visual inspection to ensure standards are upheld.
- Working alongside Team Leader and Continuous Improvement team to help create training material including standard working documents, based on best practice.
- To ensure all TPM, check lists and 6S records are kept to date and displayed correctly.
- Working with the Maintenance team to resolve any issues and ensure minimal down time.
- Sound technical and operational knowledge of CNC machines.
- Experience of high-volume parts and/or experience of working to high specifications both dimensionally and visual.
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of dimensional drawings.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. The job holder will be required to demonstrate the ability to communicate confidently and clearly.
- Experienced in the use of Excel spreadsheets and Word documentation to record data.
- Engineering related qualification at City & Guilds level or equivalent, business improvement techniques training.
26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Day shift hours (07.00 to 16.30 Monday to Wednesday, 07.00 to 16.00 Thursday)