We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer
to join a leading Global meat processing company
based in Rochdale;
- Salary: up to £44,000pa based on experience
- Monday to Friday 6am - 3pm and 3pm - 11pm (weekly rotating shift)
- 36 Days Holiday ( including the bank holidays)
- Heavy discounted staff shop
- Benefits: Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption leave, pension scheme & free parking
As the Engineer
you will service, maintain and repair all factory equipment in order for production to be maintained at optimum efficiency and enable delivery of key performance targets, safely, effectively and efficiently.
will work alongside a small team of engineers to ensure all required maintenance of the machinery is conducted to keep the equipment on the factory floor
You will need to be an experienced Engineer
within a similar environment and be able to carry out preventative maintenance, fault finding and deal with machine down-time efficiently.Engineer
- To attend breakdowns, in order to minimise machinery downtime and to assist with attaining the factory operational performance targets
- To maintain machinery in the highest order to ensure availability of plant to the operations team at all times
- To diagnose defects, effect repairs and evaluate results (test before handing back)
- To understand system drawings and machinery manuals (Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic, Pneumatic)
- To read and access information in order to keep up to date with current technology advancements and implement best practice
- To identify and order the correct spare parts from different sources and communicate this information to all other team members
- Monitor and carry out dynamic performance tests of new and current machinery on a continuing basis
- To liaise with Contractors, assess the quality and performance of their work in order to ensure that correct standards are maintained
- To keep records up to date in accordance with good engineering practices and carry out effective handovers
- Ensure Good standards of General Manufacturing Practice and that the area is audit ready at all times.
- Continuously review and identify ways to improve efficiency and yields and reduce costs and waste whilst maintaining quality and technical standards.
- Contribute to Departmental and Site improvement projects as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain – including requirements and expectations from intake through to processing, despatch and the end customer.
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively with awareness of the production shift plan
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience of working within a factory environment (Knowledge and understanding of the meat industry prefereable)
- Knowledge and understanding of factors which affect efficiency e.g. yields, labour costs, waste.
- Hands on engineering experience (New Tech)
- PLC knowledge with some programming skills
- Knowledge of PUWER Regs.
- PPM System/Operation of Holistech
APPLY ONLINE TODAY
- Formal engineering qualification/recognised with multi-skilling focus (equivalent of a minimum of level 3)
- 18th Edition Electricity At Work Regulations
- IOSH Intermediate Health & Safety
and a member of the team will be in touch