£16 per hour, Benefits: Canteen on site, additional 5 days holiday, convenience stores onsite and many more benefits
about 1 month ago
12 months +
Further details of the role are below and please enquire if you would like a full job description:
- Provide professional advice and support to Line Managers dealing with employment issues, including the use of disciplinary and grievance procedures, ensuring that procedures are followed fairly and consistently applied.
- Undertake disciplinary and grievance investigations in conjunction with Line Managers.
- To support the management of cases relating to absence (long and short term) and ensure a proactive approach.
- Act as Company Witness at hearings, including appeals.
- Prepare all paperwork associated with case management in conjunction with Line Managers.
- Provide advice on the interpretation and application of case law, terms and conditions of employment, policies, current legislation and Codes of Practice, ensuring that good employment practices are maintained and legal obligations upheld.
- Assist in the interpretation of new Employment Legislation/case law and its impact upon the business.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge required
- Operated at an ER officer or equivalent role before
- Competent in case management
- Practical experience in advising at all stages of the employment life cycle
- Preferably experience of working in a Trade Union environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to apply practical application to processes.
- Competent IT skills
- Knowledge of employment law – desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Employee Relations (ER) procedures and processes such as employment tribunals, disability, diversity and equality – desirable but not essential
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to approach a situation without bias
- Able to see both sides of an argument and interested in how people interact with one another
- Passionate about making sure that employees are happy and well treated
- Good organisation skills, as will be required to work on multiple cases at once