£40000 per annum, Benefits: + £2,750 shift allowance
26 days ago
Working hours will be on a 12 hour shift basis, 4 on, 4 off, days only.
The ‘Electrically Biased Building Services Shift Engineer’ is part of a multidisciplined Reactive and PPM Team. The engineer provides Electrically Biased support on a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site. The Engineers role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance, or respond to a multitude of electrical & building services faults within their competence to
ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Aims and Objectives
- Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering Planned and Reactive Services across the clients’ site.
- Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience, ensuring that they are the centre of what our client delivers.
- Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and subcontractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Building Services Equipment within a set schedule.
- Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the plant and associated systems.
- Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification
- Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required
- Complete test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client requirements
- Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrical & building service related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
- Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Work with specialist sub-contractors associated with all aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Liaising with the relevant managers / supervisors on a daily basis to confirm all works are going to plan and no
- Complete adhoc tasks as requested by line manager.
- Book Materials out from Vans / Stores to the correct Job Number
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a qualified Electrician.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Must have a good understanding of Installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- You will need to possess excellent communication skills and a flair for great service and leading by example.
- Strong administration skills, be well organised with the ability to process data quickly and accurately and
- support team members.
- Proficient in the installation of electrical trunking systems, conduit and cable tray within commercial and
- industrial environments.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours.
- Ability to work independently
City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing OR Equivalent
ECS / CSCS Card advantageous.
IPAF 3A & 3B – Advantageous
Candidates must be from the UK and within a commutable distance to the site.