Up to £13.14 per hour + Shift allowance
about 1 year ago
If you are a 17th Edition Electrical Maintenance Technician wanted to advance within a busy CNC manufacturing facility, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. You will be responsible for planned and emergency repair on CNC machinery within a busy engineering manufacturing environment.
- To identify faults in a breakdown situation and to specify the materials and resources needed to complete the task.
- To dismantle faulty machinery and repair or replace defective parts.
- To fit and install new machinery.
- To carry out servicing requirements on a planned basis.
- To check the accuracy and quality of the finished task.
- To log all activities on the maintenance system and to complete necessary documentation.
- To assist the maintenance team in the planning, design and building of any general engineering activity or project.
- To undertake electrical installation works.
- To undertake electrical testing as required and document.
- Applicants should have completed an electrical engineering apprenticeship or undertaken the relevant electrical qualifications.
- Hold 17th Edition Wiring Regulation Certificate
- Previous experience within an engineering or manufacturing organisation is preferred in which you will have carried out a range of electrical fault finding, installations and servicing tasks on plant and machinery.
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage including Hydraulics/ Pneumatics.
- As a strong team player, you will have an appreciation of the need to move from one task to another on a flexible basis in order to meet variable priorities.
- Ability to work well with, and communicate with production staff at all levels with regards to tasks being completed on production equipment.
- A positive health and safety attitude and level of competency.
- Basic IT competencies.
- A familiarity with the use of a computerised maintenance system would be beneficial.
- Training and skill development opportunities
- 26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays. As a member of the Maintenance Team, the jobholder may be required to work during any fixed shutdown.
- Prudential Group Personal Pension Plan
Double day shift: Early shift 6 am to 2 pm Monday to Thursday and 6 am to 1.30 pm Friday. Late shift 1.55 pm to 10.35 pm Monday to Thursday and 1.25 pm to 5.55 pm Friday). Total hours per week of 37.30 hours/week. Additional hours may be required to fully meet the responsibilities of this position. This may include weekend working and call outs.
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
£13.14 per hour plus shift allowance (20%)
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.