We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Installation Designer for our prestigious client based in Yeovil, Somerset on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a World Leader in the design, manufacture and support of Helicopters.
As an Electrical Installation Designer it will be your duty to carry out design activities required to define the air-vehicle Electrical & Avionic Systems installation design including 2-D and 3-D design definitions as appropriate.
The key responsibilities within this role is to assist with the definition, design, development, integration and in-service engineering support for the system installation and/or wiring of the avionic, electrical and mission equipment for all company products/contracts.
The primary areas of technical responsibility will include:
- Assisting in the capture of electrical installation requirements for any avionic, electrical or mission equipment.
- Assisting in the scheming and detailing of design solutions for the avionic, electrical and mission's system equipment.
- Checking electrical designs as directed, for content, quality and completeness.
- Liaising with the solution suppliers to ensure the design can be manufactured and assess alternative methods to reduce cost and timescale.
- Supporting design analysis and trade-off studies as directed by the task leader in the evaluation of alternative solutions. Use of aircraft inspection, computer tools, prototyping, scheming and analysis techniques to assess installation and performance aspects of the system.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Avionic, Electronic, Software or Electrical Engineering) or HNC/HND/BTEC and Apprenticeship along with a detailed knowledge and understanding of the relevant airworthiness regulations and a good understanding of the aircraft manufacturing process. In addition to this a specific in-depth knowledge and experience of electrical and avionic system installation, wiring design and supporting tools and processes is desired. This would include a good knowledge of the wiring design tools - ECAD and a good knowledge of CATIA, VPM & ENOVIA.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.