Reporting directly to the Technical Director, an Electric Product Development Manager is required to join a very innovative Research and Development team based in Exeter, Devon. You will take responsibility for the management of a small-dedicated team housed in a new purpose built laboratory currently under planning and construction. With proven experience of developing an approved domestic appliance, your ability to manage a small but growing team who will innovate, develop, test and launch new electrical products will be called upon to help in the growth of this already successful company. What a superb opportunity to really create new product in a growing market, as part of a growing company and a chance to grow your career.
- Proven management skills acquired in a similar position are essential to the role.
- Proven background in the design and development of domestic electric appliances is essential.
- Knowledge of general engineering practices and the use of correct materials in the development process is desirable as is a background in appropriate methods of fabrication and design for manufacture and assembly.
- Must be able to work within the budget limitations of the brief and ensure the design meets the tight cost targets in order to produce a competitively priced product.
- Must be able to carry out testing of Electric Domestic appliances in line with the appropriate methods laid out in the standards.
- Must be fully conversant with all the relevant British and European standards applicable to Electric appliance approval.
- The ability to work with new ideas and concepts to produce a highly decorative product is essential. Whilst having a sound knowledge of Electrical and Electronic design practises, the ideal candidate with have a flair for the decorative side of design.
- Ability to communicate and liaise with all internal departments (design, production engineering, production and purchasing) as well as external suppliers both in the UK and abroad.
- Ability to work under their own initiative and actively plan the development program for the department is also essential.
- Competitive Salary
- 24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
A relocation package may be available to the successful applicant, salary and benefits will be commensurate with the role and previous experience.
Working Hours: 8.30-5.00 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.