Would like the chance to make an impact in an Editorial Director
role where you can develop your content team and its processes
at an exciting time of evolution and business model transition
? Would you like a hybrid working option
which also involves working in an idyllic countryside setting
when you're not working from home?
A hands on Editorial Director
opportunity has a risen at a progressive, forward thinking independent B2B media publishing business
where you will manage, develop, inspire, and mentor
a dynamic content team, setting and delivering the content / editorial strategy
across the full media portfolio for 6 leading international B2B brands
. This a highly collaborative environment
where you will work with the commercial team, other departments and sit on the Heads of Department team, working closely with stakeholders at the very top of the business supporting strategic objectives (such as a change in business model
) by driving quality across all brands to increase audience volume and engagement
. The ability to engage and interact at all levels in the business
- from a member of your team to one of the Senior Executive Team or another Director - will be very important.
As Editorial Director
your exciting new role will involve:
- Understanding each brand's target audience and working to improve audience engagement
- Collaborating with key stakeholders to establish an annual content / editorial strategy for each brand
- Staying informed of the market share of each brand and competitor activity to identify key trends and issues
- Refining and enhancing existing products whilst innovating and identifying new products / channels
- Supporting the Editors of each brand, discussing ideas and ensuring quality is consistently high
- Leading, managing and empowering the team, fostering a culture of high performance, creative thinking and innovation
I am very interested in speaking with candidates who have experience working as a Head of Content, Editorial Director, Content Director, or Head of Editorial
within a B2B publishing / media environment
, and who understand how different channels and media products work, and the different types of membership and audience models. Salary for this opportunity is c. £70,000 to £80,000 p.a. (depending on the level of experience). Benefits include free parking on-site, hybrid working, lunchtime activities, and employee social events and awards!
Please note: The business are currently operating a hybrid working policy (working from home up to 3 days per week).