Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
£36000 - £38000 per annum + Car Allowance
3 months ago
E&I Project Engineer - Stockton on Tees
My client is an international technology-driven solutions provider for the built environment industry and are involved in large scale projects nationwide.
They require a Project Engineer with an Electrical and Instrument background to join their Stockton-on-Tees operations on a permanent basis.
- Manage the effective delivery of specified projects to time and cost targets by personal leadership and through direct reports and other members of the team.
- Directly manage specified projects to deliver efficient and effective execution of client requirements and responsible for company Commercial, Quality and H&S aspects of each project.
- Contribute to the improvement of profitable performance by seeking and applying appropriate innovative ways of working and technical solutions.
- Collation of information and preparation of estimates in a logical and precise manner.
- To carry out the initial technical and contractual review of the tender enquiry.
- To produce detailed take offs in a structured format, so that they can be easily reviewed prior to tender submission and to assist in the financial control of the contract should the tender be successful.
- To liaise with internal divisions / departments to obtain relevant quotations and information for tender.
- Good time management and communication is essential to ensure that tender deadlines are achieved.
- Excellent organisational skills and flexibility as quite often you will need to work to considerable time pressures.
- Maintain compliance with SHE and Quality standards on all relevant project activities by personal leadership and through direct reports.
- Contribute to the effective utilisation of resources by appropriate liaison with the office Contracts Manager.
- The capability to produce and interpret project commercial information to facilitate the production CVR's for all areas of each contract.
- Attendance at all internal Engineers/Supervisors meetings including all team briefs and team building meetings events.
- To participate in personal development and performance monitoring reviews.
- Basic academic qualifications (e.g. HND) in the prime discipline of electrical engineering and some formal management training (e.g. NVQ level 4/5).
- Time Served Apprenticeship and Supplementary Technical Qualifications.
- Understanding of Design, Construction and commissioning programmes - in conjunction with the capability to demonstrate site productivity ratios - and bring about improvement where required.
- JIB/CSCS Skills Cards.
- Commercial awareness and possess a good understanding of financial performance of contracts.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety and employment legislation.
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance.
- Technical knowledge of construction best practice in the principal discipline of Control/Electrical site work.
- Good people management skills and knowledge of performance management processes for leadership, coaching and development of staff.
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the organisation and with clients and other contracting organisations.
- Ability to communicate with and lead project teams consisting of members of different divisions within the client's organisation.
38k + Car Allowance/Vehicle
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.