Do you have a CE licence?
Are you flexible and enjoy working within a busy environment?
Are you an experienced lorry driver?
My client is looking for experienced lorry drivers who have the confidence to drive both Rigid and Artic Lorries. In your spare time you will be carrying out duties in the yard, this means a forklift licence is ideal but not at all necessary. This is a full time permanent position with a salary of £23,374. Due to shifts being varied, you will need to me flexible but will be a 40 hour week.
Duties in transport are:
- Carryout all daily lorry checks at the start of the shift.
- Ensure continued load security and safety.
- Drive in accordance to all relevant road traffic laws and tachograph laws.
- Be courteous and polite to customers.
- Aid the unloading of materials on customer premises in accordance with the health and safety policy.
- Report any accidents to Transport Manager.
Duties in the yard are:
- Identify and locate different steel products, using appropriate measuring equipment and reporting faults.
- Replenish stock in the racks.
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your forklift/combi-lift at the start of your shift.
- Working as part of our team of operators, picking steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
- Unloading Lorries as necessary.
- Loading Lorries as necessary.
If this interests you, apply now or call Danielle on 01935 432434!!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.