Up to £23000 per annum
9 months ago
Permanent Role - £23,000pa - Days - Tuesday to Saturday
We are looking for Home Delivery Porters to join our home delivery team working for a prestigious client based in Basingstoke.
- £9.21ph - Hourly rate
- Start times between 06:30 to 07:00
- Contracted to 48 hours per week
- 28 days holiday
In this role you will work in a two-person team to provide a first-class home delivery and installation service.
We are looking for people who possess a passion for delivering customer satisfaction, have a positive attitude and are willing to go the extra mile in order to give our customers a memorable experience.
You will be required to deliver and install electrical goods such as Washing Machines, Dishwashers, Fridges, and TV's directly to customer's homes - of the homes you visit around 75% will require a delivery only service, with 25% requiring installation.
For the right person we will offer the opportunity to progress through our business and offer training and support in obtaining LGV licences - starting at 3.5t and working through the various stages of driving goods vehicles, with CPC and practical training.
- Meet and where possible exceed customer expectations in the delivery and installation of their electrical goods
- Un-box each item and deliver to the room of choice of the customer, removing waste packaging and returning it to the site for appropriate waste disposal
- Collect returned items and products from customers' homes and return to depot as required
- Average delivery distance covered is approximately 200km per route
- Ensure first class customer service is experienced at all times
- Ensure all documentation is completed and returned accurately at the end of each journey
- Ensure the vehicle is appropriately secured at all times
- Report any discrepancies to the Transport Supervisor as soon as they are identified
- Adhere to all Health and Safety standards
- DBS check will be undertaken
Experience & Qualifications
- Outstanding communication skills targeted at handling customers face to face and over the phone
- Exceptional time management, working to tight deadlines
- Previous work experience in Home Delivery and Installation preferable, although training will be given to all successful candidates
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to make up for lost time in the event of delays in delivery
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- A great team player
Due to the nature of the work heavy lifting is required. This includes safely carrying and installing electrical products. It is therefore essential that the successful applicant is capable of carrying out this nature of work.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.