Stockport, Greater Manchester
£32000 - £34000 per annum + with potential £40,680 OTE
about 2 months ago
If you are looking for a clinical recognised role that is both a step away from the long, unpredictable shifts, nights and weekends that you are used to and a new challenge to develop your skills and career, you may want to consider one of our roles as a Disability Assessor.
Meridian Business Support is offering an excellent opportunity to work as a Clinical Assessor within a back-office environment.
What does the role consist of?
- Be the first to review cases as they come through and be responsible for analysing medical information and any evidence provided to make a decision on whether the claiming will be assessed in an assessment centre, at their home or through back office.
- Be responsible for calling anyone medically involved with the claimant and consistently liaise with other health professionals.
- Increase clinical knowledge by dealing with a wide range of conditions and other clinical specialist
- Monthly 1-hour CPD session, every 6 weeks 1-21 with clinical support lead.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Registered Nurse - Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to enhance assessment skills as well as continuing to develop your clinical skills. Full comprehensive training is provided with ongoing support throughout your career. There are several different progression avenues within the organisation due to the growing sector so there is plenty of opportunity for future progression within the role.
You would be conducting face to face assessments with Personal Independence Payment claimants on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and produce a report that will be used in the decision-making process.
- Must be NMC / HCPC registered
- 18 months Post Graduate experience
- Must be IT competent - typing, MS packages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary as an assessor
- full comprehensive training is provided with full salary from day one.
Working Hours - Monday - Friday, Office Hours - (No Weekend's, Nights or Long Days)
- Bonus structure / Performance Incentive in place to earn up £40,680*
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
- Continuous Professional Development & support with revalidation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email 0 7507 565 394 / hmac farlan e@ merid ianbs.co.uk
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.