£32000 - £35800 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits
0151 556 2090
about 1 month ago
Starting Salary – £32,000 (OTE £35,800)
Permanent Contract – Full/Part time available (NMC/HCPC/GMC registered)
Our team at Meridian Business support are looking for Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Paramedics for an exciting role working with Ascenti. This role as a Disability Assessors lets you will enjoy a structured working week allowing a great work life balance, a rewarding salary of £32,000 - £35,800 + on target earnings of up to £1,600 and the opportunity to progress your career in new ways.
About the role
Working as a Disability Assessor is a rewarding role for someone who thrives in a communication and patient focused environment. Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Holding consultations with people over the phone making a claim for the Personal Independent Payment (PIP) benefit in relation to a long-term disability or condition.
- Conducting a thorough functional medical assessment of their disability or condition.
- Using your strong communications skills to learn more about how their disability affects them.
- Working with a varied caseload and complex conditions including physical, mental health, cognitive and sensory impairments.
- Producing comprehensive and impartial evidence based reports for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) to help them ensure that people receive the right benefits and support.
- Working autonomously to manage your clinic and consultations, free from admin tasks like sending patient letters or calling people who do not show up.
- Linking in with your regional support network and our wider team of likeminded healthcare professionals as you need to.
To qualify for this role you must be an experienced healthcare professional with:
- Full registration with the relevant professional body (NMC/HCPC/GMC).
- A minimum of 2 years' post qualification experience.
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A positive, empathetic, and professional manner.
- Strong computer and IT skills.
- The ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to work under pressure and be flexible and adaptable in your approach.
- 25 days of annual leave.
- Bonuses of up to £2,000 annually.
- Flexible day-time, weekday hours that fit around your life.
- The choice to work weekends and earn rewarding overtime payments.
- Progression opportunities with a clear banding and pay structure.
- Access to our award winning clinical training and development resources.
- Split role opportunities for physiotherapists.
- Revalidation support for nurses.
- Healthcare cash plan enabling you to claim back on costs such as dental.
- Free and discounted physio.
- Bupa Rewards scheme with savings across thousands of brands.
- Pension scheme with salary exchange agreement option.
- Free counselling and support services.
- Company-wide and regional social events.
- Great team dynamics and a supportive clinical culture.
- Less admin tasks and more autonomy in your role.
Due to coronavirus the nature of this role has temporarily changed. Instead of working from a clinic location and meeting claimants in person, our Disability Assessors are currently holding consultations over the phone. For more information please get in touch.
As we are currently operating remotely, your interview will be done virtually or over the phone as well as your training if you are successful.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Ged Walsh – 07 464 542 015 / Liverpool_resourcers @ meridianbs.co.uk