£35000 - £37000 per annum + + OTE
9 months ago
NMC / HCPC Disability Assessor
Clinical Disciplines: - RGN, RMN, RNLD, OT, Physio, Paramedic
Location: Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Starting Salary: £35,000 - £37,000 + OTE Hours: Monday - Friday, full and part time office hours available - no weekends, nights or bank holidays are required.
If you are looking to improve your work-life balance? then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Our prestigious client, a leading provider of health assessment services in the UK are seeking to recruit NMC/HCPC registered Health Professionals (RGN, RMN, RNLD, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Paramedics) to join their clinical team.
Please note that this role is not affected by COVID-19 and provisions and new training plans are in place to complete stages from home until restrictions ease.
The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
This role offers exposure with the public with a wide range of medical conditions to establish how their health conditions or disabilities affects their daily life.
Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
Previous experience as an Assessor is not required as full comprehensive training is provided.
The role requires a minimum of 24 months postgraduate medical experience, strong clinical knowledge, good decision-making abilities and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package:
- 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy and sell annual leave
- Performance related £1000 bonus will be put in place at 9-month mark, and again at 18-month mark
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance with options for your family and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to re-validate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Extended clinical knowledge and expertise in a new direction while enjoying an improved work-life balance; no weekends or nights.
- Medical knowledge growth around a wide range of conditions: physical, mental and cognitive allowing you to broaden your skills.
- Full in-depth training provided; where you gain a new qualification and become a government accredited Disability Assessor.
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a division that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
Successful candidates commence with comprehensive full-time training, paying you a full salary whilst gaining valuable professional development.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.