£32000 - £34000 per annum + additional benefits
9 months ago
Are you NMC / HCPC registered?
Looking for a career change?
Better work/ life balance?
We are recruiting Disability Assessors in your area!
Salary: £32k Further Career progression/ Enhancements
We are currently recruiting RGN, RMN, RNLD, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics to re train as Disability Assessors to work on the DWPs disability contract. The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process. As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes. This is a permanent position with both full and part time available.
The standard working hours are Monday - Friday, office hours. No weekends, nights or bank holidays are required.
Previous experience as an Assessor is not required as full comprehensive training is provided.
We will consider applications from all levels of Nursing. However, the minimum requirement is 2 years post graduate experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
The recruitment process
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We are a team of Senior Consultants who have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application then please contact Hannah Macfarlane on 012 42 246 020 or 075 075 6539 4 or email hmacfarlane @ meridianbs.co.uk for more information!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.