Meridian Business Support is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent and temporary recruitment to the Nursing, Health and Social Care sectors and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
We are currently recruiting Disability Assessors for an exciting opportunity working on the DWPs disability contract. The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
This is a permanent position working for a private organisation that specialises in disability analysis on behalf of the DWP. Both full and part time positions are available - working hours are: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. No weekends or nights are required.
Experience in the sector is NOT required as full comprehensive training is provided. We will consider applications from all levels of Nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or Paramedics, however the minimum requirement is 18 months post graduate experience. The ideal candidate will have an agile mind for learning and developing, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
This role is moving away from hands on clinical care and does not involve treatment. However, it still does require a clinical skill set so is recognised by the NMC & HCPC. Your revalidation is fully supported and your professional indemnity is covered.
Starting salary for this role is ranges from £35000pa - £38000pa depending on the role and includes a comprehensive benefit package below:
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- Welcome package of £1000 if you start within 4 weeks of being offered the role
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays) with the option to buy and sell additional annual leave
- Private medical insurance, dental insurance and travel insurance
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement and support with re-validation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
- Platforms to save tax and National Insurance Contributions (NIC) on childcare vouchers or on a new bike
- An employee shares ownership plan
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please apply to this advert. Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com. You can also contact Ellouise at Meridian Business Support on 07387104978.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.