£32000 - £34000 per annum + Fantastic Benefits (See Below)
16 days ago
Location: Carlisle, CA
Salary: £32,000 Per Annum
Permanent contract - full and part time available
Are you a RGN, RMN, CPN, RNLD, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or a Paramedic and looking for a new challenge as a Disability Assessor?
We are currently recruiting Disability Assessors for an exciting opportunity working on the DWPs disability contract. The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
About the role:
As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
Previous experience as an Assessor is not required as full comprehensive training is provided.
- Must be NMC / HCPC registered
- 2 years post graduate experience
- Must be IT competent - typing, MS packages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- No experience necessary as an assessor
- full comprehensive training is provided with full salary from day one.
Working Hours - Monday - Friday, Office Hours - (No Weekend's, Nights or Long Days)
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- 25 days annual leave (plus all eight bank holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Annual leave (buy/sell)
- Health screening
- NMC/HCPC fee reimbursement
- Continuous Professional Development & support with revalidation
- A stakeholder pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 10% of basic salary
If you think this may be the role for you then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email
Samantha Hughes; m. 07876865570 | e. firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.