£32000 - £34000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits
0151 556 2090
14 days ago
Starting salary: £32,000 Per Annum
Permanent contract – full and part time available
Meridian Business Support is a permanent recruitment agency and we are currently recruiting Disability Assessors (RGN, RMN, RNLD, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist and Paramedics) for an exciting opportunity working on the DWPs disability contract. The role requires you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments and write reports for the DWP. You will not be required to make any decisions within this role but simply assist with the health assessment of the claims process.
As an Assessor, you will utilise your clinical knowledge and broad-based medical experience by carrying out face to face assessments and examinations in a holistic manner. Such assessments focus on how a person's health condition(s) may have an impact on day-to-day life. The role will require you to use IT systems and software to write clear and concise medical reports which will later be used for decision making purposes.
This is a permanent position with both full and part time available. The standard working hours are Monday – Friday, office hours. No weekends, nights or bank holidays are required.
Previous experience as an Assessor is not required as full comprehensive training is provided. We will consider applications from all levels of Nursing. However, the minimum requirement is 2 years post graduate experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively with the general public.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell annual leave
- At 9-month mark, performance related £1000 increase will be put in place and again at 18-month mark
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
- Health screening every two years, after one year's service
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
- All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and many more
Meridian Business Support is a multi-sector employment agency with branches across the UK and 30 years recruitment experience. We have a branch based in Liverpool that specialise in disability recruitment. The team of Senior Consultants in Liverpool have an in-depth knowledge of the sector and a track record of placing candidates into these roles. You will have a dedicated consultant who is on call to answer any questions and take you through the application and interview process as well as arranging your start date/training date.
If you are interested in the Disability Assessor position and would like to start an application, then please apply to this advert and a member of recruitment team will be in touch. Alternatively, to find out further information or to have a confidential conversation please call or email Ged Walsh – 07 464 542 015 / Liverpool_resourcers @ meridianbs.co.uk