£35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
With places on the Crown Commercial Service (CCS), Health Trust Europe, NHS Collaborative Procurement Partnership and Welsh Board National Frameworks, Meridian supplies NHS and private sector health staff across all regions of the UK. We deliver a fully compliant service, within the NHS and the private health sector, we offer permanent, temporary and interim health staff covering all disciplines and Bands (1 to 9).
About the role
Meridian Business Support are working in partnership with Independent Assessment Services (IAS) to offer Registered Nurses, Physiotherapists, Paramedics and Occupational Therapists this exciting opportunity to work permanently and directly for IAS on the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) Personal Independent Payment (PIP) contract.
By using your medical experience and clinical knowledge, this role sees you carrying out independent health assessments (on behalf of DWP) for claimants of PIP in a dignified manner. You will not be the decision maker; however, your focus is on how a person’s health condition(s) affect their day-to-day living. You will also be required to use IT systems to write up medical evaluations to help support the decision-making process.
Benefits include (but aren’t limited to);
- The standard working hours are Monday - Friday, office hours.
- No weekends, nights or bank holiday working.
- 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell annual leave.
- Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions.
- Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance.
- Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee.
- Health screening every two years, after one year's completed service.
- Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to re-validate and maintain your professional registration.