A forward thinking UK manufacturer of quality safety systems and harnesses products seeks an innovative, enthusiastic and creative Design Engineer to join their team. The role is an ideal opportunity for either a recent Mechanical Engineering graduate (or HNC/HND minimum) with an interest in the design field to establish and develop a career in a dedicated Engineering facility, or for somebody with a couple of years experience in a similar role. A grounding in Solidworks is essential.
- Consistently work within the Quality framework operated by the company
- Consistently work within the Product Development phase activity operated by the company
- Complete design and validation work to agreed timing plans
- Interpret and generate specification for new products or product improvement
- Design products with both 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Effectively maintain design record files as appropriate
- Define and perform static product validation testing
- Define and perform dynamic product validation testing
- Perform production sample testing
- Resolve customer related issues in a timely manner
- Effectively co-ordinate teams from Production, Purchasing and Sales to resolve engineering concerns / issues
- Actively participate in team or project based activities where required
- Undertake other reasonable duties which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work
- Knowledge and experience of the use of a 3D package essential (Solidworks or AutoCAD ideally, but most considered)
- Minimum qualification HND / HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Personal Attributes: Proven ability to deliver new designs to planned release dates
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral
- Sound analytical skills , with the ability to identify cause and effect, evaluate alternative solutions, solve problems and link to the wider context
Working Hours: 8.30am to 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30-1pm Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.