Design Engineer (Highways) - Oxford
My client is one of the leading contractors in the UK and they are looking to strengthen their design team in Oxford by hiring a Design Engineer.
You will be part of the Oxfordshire Highways delivering a range of services in partnership with Oxfordshire County Council.
The Design Engineer will work as part of a close-knit team of engineers and technicians to develop and deliver a wide range of highway and transport infrastructure projects.
- Design a range of highway improvement and traffic engineering schemes.
- Work closely with project managers and other local teams to plan and implement these schemes from start to finish within budget and to programme and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Consult with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all stages of a scheme.
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice, to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
- Assist in the training and development of trainee and graduate engineers.
- Come from a strong design background, desirably in the Highways sector, working on structures, roads, pavements, carriageways or similar.
- Track record for delivering highways and transport design projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges/Specification for Highway Works relating to the design and maintenance of local authority highway and transport schemes.
- Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using BIM/Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming (desirable)
- A relevant Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, or Foundation Degree/HNC/HND together with sufficient post qualification experience.
- Chartered Member or working towards being a Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or equivalent professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player with a can do approach.
Salary: 38K per annum
If you meet the requirements of this role please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.