We're looking for an experienced Design and Engineering Manager to manage and lead this Technical team based in East Devon. Leading a professional team of Design Engineers involved in the 3D design and specification of an extensive portfolio of industrial equipment, you will have accountability for the overall engineering integrity for parts and assemblies in accordance with the high-quality framework operated by the company.
This role will be responsible for leading the Engineering agenda in the business, having responsibility to develop the team of Design Engineers to fulfil their potential, as well as leading the Engineering agenda.
You will be prepared to be 'hands-on' - adept and experienced in using Inventor/AutoCAD to design and validate new products as well as modifying existing drawings.
You'll coach and guide your team to deliver specific projects solving the customer's air movement problem through to prototype, manufacture, testing and installation.
Using your depth of experience and credibility, you will bring experience and practise to lead the R&D agenda for ACI, and work with your team as well as the wider business and customers to create and develop new and innovative product lines.
Occasionally, you may be required to travel nationally or overseas to gather further information relevant to their drawing/design activities and to provide the standard of customer service and expertise our clients expect. Your ability to inspire and communicate technical ideas to others will be advanced.
- Solid 10 years + Engineering experience minimum, ideally designing industrial products.
- Batchelors degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred, but professional manufacturing engineering experience will be considered
- Commercially astute, with data driven analytical problem-solving capability
- Proven experience of line management and the development of Engineers and leads by example
- Highly proficient using Inventor/AutoCAD as well as all Microsoft Office packages
- Preferable to have working experience of SAP
- Excellent written and spoken English with a keen eye for detail
- The ability to lead and inspire others across the design office and the engineering / manufacturing facility.
- Pro-active, self-motivated individual with exceptional project management, time management and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, builds strong relationships
- Competitive salary based on experience and capability
- Competitive package with Pension, Discretionary Bonus, Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus all statutory bank holidays
- Every Friday afternoon off, as the business closes at 12.45pm
- Modern offices based in Devon, only 6 miles from the south coast
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.