Deputy Headteacher - Westbury, Wiltshire£47K - £50K per annum
Our clients school is an independent specialist school providing high-quality, therapeutic and child-centred education to boys and girls from 7 to 17 years of age in Westbury, Wiltshire. Their children come from a wide range of backgrounds, but all have Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). Many will also have other Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) such as Autism, ADHD, and communication difficulties.The Role
We are a small and specialist school and the way in which the Deputy Head Teacher goes about their day will, in many ways, define its outcomes, its successes and its character. As such, they are looking for a practitioner who shares our vision and can embody our ethos in every decision they make and every conversation they have, be that with students, parents or professionals.
The staffing structure around our family of schools means that the Deputy Head Teacher will be well supported, allowing them to focus on what is really important. The Regional Executive Head Teacher and Head Teacher will support decision making and problem solving, admin and compliance teams are available to keep things running smoothly,
The Right Person
Benefits and Rewards
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- A proven record of good or outstanding teaching practice.
- An excellent, efficient and emotionally intelligent communicator.
- The ability/willing to teach a subject specialism to GCSE or equivalent vocational level.
- A strong desire to work inclusively within an emotionally literate environment, supporting children who have experienced adverse childhood experiences (ACEs).
- Experience of crisis-management/managing challenging behaviours and working with children with SEMH difficulties.
- Proven experience of implementing a creative and academically engaging curriculum which meets the needs of individual pupils, whilst maintaining high standards of education
- Experience of effective working with hard-to-reach or disengaged families.
- DBS on the update service or be willing to have a new one processed.
- Staff laptop and mobile phone
- Competitive salary
- Extensive training and professional qualification opportunities
- Small class sizes with specialist TA support
- The chance to be part of an expanding, national organisation that recognises skill, effort and potential and grows its own leadership teams
- Enhanced occupational sickness scheme
- Flexible pension
- Regular therapeutic and supportive supervision
- Employee benefit service with access to wellbeing services, salary sacrifice schemes, high street vouchers, money off eating-out and takeaways
Interested and have the experience and passion to perform well in this role? Then attach your CV now to avoid disapointment.