What an amazing opportunity in Devon to work for a global organisation, heading up their Inventory & Demand planning team within the supply chain function. This is a high SKU international wholesale distribution business, looking for an experienced Inventory & Demand Planner specialist, ideally with SQL coding background. The successful individual will have a sound understanding of stock inventory management and can achieve the optimum balance of demand and supply for the company. Through a proactive planning process, you will ensure that the right stock is in the right location at the right time, whilst ensuring that working capital objectives are effectively managed.
- Manage demand forecasting using Optimiza planning tool. Partner with customers to gather upload forecasts and improve forecast accuracy.
- Manage inventory planning and set stock & ordering policy for the group (50,000 SKUs, USD 50 million).
- Lead, mentor and support the Demand Planning & Inventory Planning team to achieve performance targets.
- Develop and maintain KPIs, investigate and use root cause to proactively improve supply chain performance.
- Manage durations to achieve target working capital, reduce back-orders, overstock and obsolescence.
- Forecast inbound plan, material purchase, obsolescence and track against budget.
- Devise and introduce systems and process improvements to maximise efficiency and service levels.
- Highly organized individual with inventory and demand planning experience with team leadership experience. SQL database coding would be a distinct advantage. Experience with a complex product portfolio is preferred.
- Good theoretical and working knowledge of core planning processes
- A continuous drive to improve supply chain planning process and performance
- Well organized and able to prioritise is a dynamic environment
- A positive and proactive individual who can engage and inspire their team
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- A methodical and structured approach to work
- IT competence including SQL, ERP systems, databases and MS Office
- Degree level education as minimal
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Membership into the company medical insurance plan (80% subsidised)
Working Hours: 9 - 5.15 Mon to Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.