What an amazing opportunity in Devon to work for a global organisation, heading up their Inventory & Demand planning team within the supply chain function. You will lead the inventory planning team of this high SKU international wholesale distribution business to achieve the optimum balance of demand and supply across the group. Through a proactive planning process, ensure that the right stock is in the right location at the right time to fulfil agreed service levels, whilst ensuring that working capital objectives are effectively managed.
- Management of inventory planning. Inventory policy setting and ordering policy setting across the group (50,000 SKUs, USD 50 million global volumes).
- Creation and analysis of supply chain key performance indicators. Develop and maintain relevant KPIs, proactively look for solutions to improve supply chain performance.
- Lead, mentor and support the Demand Planning & Inventory Planning team to achieve performance targets.
- Develop and maintain KPIs, investigate and use root cause to proactively improve supply chain performance.
- Manage durations to achieve target working capital, reduce back-orders, overstock and obsolescence.
- Forecast inbound plan, material purchase, obsolescence and track against budget.
- Devise and introduce systems and process improvements to maximise efficiency and service levels.
- Highly organized individual with inventory and demand planning experience with team leadership experience. SQL database coding would be a distinct advantage. Experience with a complex product portfolio is preferred.
- Good theoretical and working knowledge of core planning processes
- A continuous drive to improve supply chain planning process and performance
- Well organized and able to prioritise is a dynamic environment
- A positive and proactive individual who can engage and inspire their team
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- A methodical and structured approach to work
- IT competence including SQL, ERP systems, databases and MS Office
- Degree level education as minimal
- Life assurance cover 2 x basic salary (rising to 3 x basic salary for pension scheme members)
- Company Pension Plan - Employer contributions of 6% (with min of 3% employee contributions)
- 25 days paid annual leave + bank holidays
- Membership into the company medical insurance plan (80% subsidised)
Working Hours: 9 - 5.15 Mon to Fri
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.