Job Title: Deburrer
Contract type: permanent job
Rate of pay: £11.00 - £12.00 per hour dependent on experience
Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
We're looking to hire a skilled Deburrer to join an engineering company in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire who produce component parts of exceptional quality meeting the most demanding of industry standards. This job is a permanent role from day one.
Specialising in producing components for customers operating in the automotive and aerospace engineering fields, the company I'm working with produce metal component parts of the highest quality to very precise dimensions using CNC milling and CNC turning machines.
They are now looking for a skilled and experienced Deburrer to join their small team.
About the job - Deburrer
Once machined, component parts are delivered to skilled engineers in the Finishing team where the manufacturing process is completed by removing any unwanted pieces of material or completing fine reshaping processes using specialist powered deburring tools, files, wet and dry papers, cloths and jets of compressed air, all the time checking dimensions of the component against engineering drawings to make sure the finished article is accurate. Deburring is a critical process in the engineering of highly accurate components, where the fine detail is checked and minor alterations are made to ensure only the highest quality work is delivered to the customer.
We're looking for a conscientious individual with an exceptional eye for detail. Someone who has experience of:
- deburring and polishing/finishing metals and working to tolerances measured in microns;
- using hand held and bench deburring tools and equipment to produce finished components after machining;
- working with a variety of metals, recognising that materials behave differently;
- using measuring equipment - micrometres, gauges and similar to check component parts for accuracy against drawings and
- carrying out some semi-skilled assembly work.
Hours and benefits - Finishing Operative / Deburrer
- Daytime working hours 8:00am to 4:00pm (flexible hours, with an early finish on a Friday).
- Hourly rate between £11.00 and £12.00 per hour to begin with, increases in salary can be achieved after time served and competence achieved.
- Lots of overtime available right now at enhanced rates.
- This position is a permanent job from day one, not a temporary or contracting role.
- Lots of free parking always available.
- Modern, clean facilities.
- Brand new machines and latest equipment.
- Great benefits package, please get in touch for details.
To apply for this Finishing Operative / Deburrer position
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch with Tom Andrews directly on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
Not everyone has a CV already written up - if you don't have a CV ready, please do get in touch - this is something we can help with.
Keywords for search purposes only: finishing deburring engineering GL20 8NA
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.