+ lots of overtime + great benefits package
TA - Deburr/Tewks_1582912892
about 1 month ago
Immediate start / after notice
Job Title: Deburrer
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: Please get in touch to find out more about the salary, we're looking to offer a good salary plus generous bonus and benefits scheme
Working hours: Day shift 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00am to 1:00pm Friday
Benefits: High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life insurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Planned start date: January 2020 or perhaps sooner (or even a little later, depending on your availability)
We're looking to hire a skilled Deburrer to join an engineering company in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire who produce component parts of exceptional quality meeting the most demanding of industry standards. This job is a permanent role from day one.
Specialising in producing components for customers operating in a variety of industries, the company I'm working with produce metal component parts of the highest quality to precise dimensions using CNC milling and CNC turning machines.
They are now looking for a skilled and experienced Deburrer to join their small team. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing business with plans to take on additional staff over the next four years to support strategic growth and to keep up with customer demand.
About the job - Deburrer
Once machined, component parts are delivered to skilled Deburring staff in the Finishing team where the manufacturing process is completed by removing any unwanted pieces of material or completing fine reshaping processes using specialist powered deburring tools, files, wet and dry papers, cloths and jets of compressed air, all the time checking dimensions of the component against engineering drawings to make sure the finished article is accurate. Deburring is a critical process in the engineering of highly accurate components, where the fine detail is checked and minor alterations are made to ensure only the highest quality work is delivered to the customer.
We're looking for a conscientious individual with an exceptional eye for detail. Someone who has experience of:
- deburring and polishing/finishing metals and working to tolerances measured in microns;
- using hand held and bench deburring tools and equipment to produce finished components after machining;
- working with a variety of metals, recognising that materials behave differently;
- using measuring equipment - micrometres, gauges and similar to check component parts for accuracy against drawings and
- carrying out some semi-skilled assembly work.
Hours and benefits - Finishing Operative / Deburrer
- Daytime working hours 8:00am to 1:00pm Friday.
- Good salary with generous bonus scheme.
- Lots of overtime available right now at enhanced rates.
- This position is a permanent job from day one, not a temporary or contracting role.
- Lots of free parking always available.
- Modern, clean facilities.
- Brand new machines and latest equipment.
- Great benefits package, please get in touch for details.
To apply for this Finishing Operative / Deburrer position
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch with Tom Andrews directly on 01242 - 246 - 022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
Not everyone has a CV already written up - if you don't have a CV ready, please do get in touch - this is something we can help with.
Keywords for search purposes only: finishing deburring engineering GL20 8NA
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.