Welwyn Garden City
£37000 - £40000 per annum + Pension, Healthcare
4 days ago
Data Centre Shift Engineer - Welwyn Garden City
My client is looking for 4 x shift engineers to work on a large data centre in Welwyn Garden City. You must be an experienced M&E Engineer ideally from a data centre background but not essential.
You will manage and undertake all PPM routines and reactive attendances of Building Services Mechanical and Electrical equipment at the designated client site.
- Electrical - Repair of power & lighting, minor Installations works
- Mechanical - Cooling systems & fire systems
- Receive electronically PPM instructions from the concept system and undertake all maintenance tasks in accordance with these instructions.
- Ensure all maintenance consumables are available and arrange replenishment of all items to ensure agreed stock levels are established.
- Complete all electronic and paper records such that an accurate site log book record of all works remains on site for the client's information and approval.
- Be able to undertake any diagnostic analysis that the whole system may require.
- Undertake a visual condition inspection of all installed equipment and submit a written report of any items that appear to jeopardise any aspects of reliability.
- Enter into dialogue with the client's representative to ensure there are no outstanding issues and also to ensure the overall quality of service delivery.
- Carry out general maintenance and good housekeeping practices and plant room cleaning to ensure that the life expectancy of all installed equipment is maximised.
- Participate in Health & Safety Codes of Safety Working and other environmental issues to ensure total compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
- Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a Safe Working Environment.
- If appropriate report on the performance of any sub-contracted works.
- Attend to all reasonable emergency call-out requests as speedily as possible and maintain good communications with the Client with the progress of all outstanding works.
- Make recommendations to the contract manager on matters concerning continuous improvement and "adding value" that may improve the productivity, costs, quality of service delivery etc. of all work for which the Company has a responsibility.
- Complete as and when necessary any breakdowns.
- Ensure plant areas are always clean and tidy.
- Respond to clients requests promptly.
- Maintain all site records and logbooks.
- Look for ways to continually enhance the operation of the site.
- Electrician NVQ Level 3 17th Edition (Essential)
- FGAS (Essential)
- Inspection and Testing (Desirable)
- IPAF (Desirable)
- PASMA (Desirable)
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Salary: 37-40k per annum
If you meet the requirements of this role, please contact Paris Desouza email@example.com
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry. Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.