Up to £9.30 per hour
21 days ago
Are you a keen cyclist? Or looking for an active role in the open air? Be part of the e-mobility revolution coming to York! E-scooters are coming to the city and we need you to help ensure the whole system works effectively with e-scooters being in the right places at the right times to provide the very best of service to the people of York!
As part of this dynamic company, one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe, you will be helping to reduce congestion and air pollution in York as well as providing a fantastic, convenient, climate neutral way for people to travel around the city!
HOURS: Full-time: 40 per week - shifts on a rota basis (06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00. 5 days from 7)
Part-Time: Multiples of 8 hour shifts as above. Weekends especially useful.
PAY: £9.30 per hour plus excellent onboarding and regular team events
DURATION: Ongoing temp role - to start during October 2020 with interviews ASAP. This scheme has been approved for an initial 12-month contract.
Riding an E-Bike with a cargo box (an E-Cargo Bike) around the city of York and the university campuses as a 'Ranger', you will be responsible for:
- Locating e-scooters with low battery (via an app), performing an on-street health-check, swapping batteries and ensuring they are in good order for the next customers
- Re-parking e-scooters in designated parking bays if not already parked properly
- Placing e-scooters in favourite hotspots in your city and relocating e-scooters from one parking bay to another based on customer demand
- Locating damaged or missing e-scooters so they can be returned to the warehouse for repair
- Returning empty batteries and the E-Cargo Bike to the warehouse at the end of the shift
- Supporting the Operations Manager in the warehouse and giving a helping hand where needed (receiving or upfitting new e-scooters)
You will need:
- A full driving licence (no more than 6 points - a driving licence check and basic DBS check will be done) and preferably some riding or driving work experience, although this is not essential
- An interest in the e-mobility industry and the right mentality to change mobility for good
- To be smart, hands on and solution driven with excellent customer service!
Apply now to be part of the e-mobility revolution and join us for the ride!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.