CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE MANAGER
SALARY £ Attractive Salary & Benefits package
We have a fantastic and exciting opportunity for an exceptional Customs Compliance Manager to join our prestigious client based in Purfleet, Essex.
Located north of the river Thames, our client is part of a larger group of Roll-on Roll-off shipping services and ports offering stevedoring services at a number of locations in the UK and Europe
To make a significant contribution to the growth, development and performance of our clients Port.
You will be working with the terminal operations department to ensure the Company's compliance with customs legislation and authorisations, inclusive of AEO accreditation.
A key duty of the role is to be responsible for the development of UK Customs and cross-border procedures and tools to ensure business compliance, by properly documenting and controlling all mandatory custom functions.
The main responsibilities for the Customs Compliance Manager will be:
- The development of UK Customs and cross-border procedures and tools to ensure business compliance, by properly documenting and controlling all mandatory custom functions.
- Supporting the logistical and terminal operations concerning customs compliance
- Developing KPI's and monitoring the daily flow of goods and taking the necessary steps to ensure an efficient logistics process
- Monitoring the quality of the customs processes and conducting internal and external customs audits, ensuring that the correct application of customs procedures are adhered to and intervening where necessary, whilst maintaining and updating all relevant customs authorisations of the Company.
- Supporting and managing compliance staff, ensuring that they have the relevant resources and training; training which will be prepared and delivered by the Customs Compliance Manager.
- Managing the Temporary Storage and Customs Warehouse schemes
- Assisting in the drafting of logistical procedures to ensure compliance with legislation
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous Customs experience on a commercial, tactical and organisational level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous management experience
- Good consultative and analytical skills with the ability to create your own solutions.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.