£21000 per annum
about 1 month ago
The role includes the below
1. Communicates with customers to ensure order entry and amendments are carried out according to customer requirements and verifies order information to ensure correct and compliant documentation is issued.
2. Communicates with internal departments and external companies to ensure that orders are dispatched in line with customer requirements whenever possible.
3. Obtains logistics prices from Operations Services or Supply Chain to set up prices and create quotes into the ERP system.
4. Updates systems and shipment files to ensure the work trail can be audited if required.
5. Accepts and logs (CRM) external complaints and provides feedback after investigation by the QA Manager and in consultation with the Sales Manager.
6. Provides commercial support including, but not limited, to preparing, sending and following up offers and samples to customers.
7. Acts as the first line of service for the customers, having the ability to serve them by BU and to coordinate any commercial, technical or operational issues.
8. Administers the annual standard price increases in liaison with the relevant CS Managers and implements the increases in M3 or other remaining local systems. All pricing however is controlled by Sales Managers.
9. Manages commercial master data, ensuring timely implementation of data change requests.
The candidate will be
- Hard working & adaptable
- Customer focused
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work as a part of a team in a pressure environment
For further information please apply today.