£19000 - £22000 per annum
13 days ago
Are you an experienced heating engineer with solid fuel appliance experience and a knowledge of chimney and flue regs? If you would like to work in an office and customer service environment rather than 'on the tools', then we may have just the position for you. You will utilise your technical knowledge in a nice environment, working 8.30-5 Monday to Friday.
· Using existing knowledge of working with solid fuel appliances, solve customer queries by communicating technical knowledge over the telephone or e-mail. The customers could be retailers, end users, engineers, architects, contractors and members of the public.
· To learn the company's products and the contents of the installation and user instructions for the Company's range of twin wall chimney systems in order to be able to give specific advice on the company's products. To advise customers on the EN standards and the specific UK building regulations and fire safety regulations for installation of flue systems.
· To offer support to all customers and our own internal field sales team to resolve any delivery, quality or support issues.
· To work with despatch and the warehouse to make sure that all urgent orders are despatched against the customer's requirements. To be available to assist
· To document and report on all calls and problems identified and to log onto the company computer system.
· Provide technical support and advice to the customer service and service teams as required.
· Appropriate training will be given to assist with this function, but the employee must have the aptitude to learn and understand all aspects of the product range for solid fuel and gas appliances.
An experience of working in the gas industry.
Gas Safety qualifications.
Sales techniques and satisfying the customer requirements.
Reading architects and engineers drawings to advise on installations of chimney systems.
· Working knowledge of Word, Excel and e-mail.
· Knowledge of customer service computer systems
· The ability to input customer orders accurately.
24 days holiday, increasing to 27 days based on yearly service, plus bank holidays.
8.30-5 Monday to Friday
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.