0118 907 3199
about 2 months ago
We are looking for Credit Controller within out Accounts receivable department to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler based in Edgbaston, Birmingham.
- Contracted to 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
- Shift times: 8.30am – 5pm
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
You will use your solid experience within accounts receivable to work as a team to deliver against departments targets, whilst using your exceptional communication skills to build relationships with clients to manage account effectively. Along side our great systems you will use Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables & use V-LOOKUP to manage your account accordingly
- Ensure effective control of Customers by monitoring shortfalls and taking appropriate action.
- Collect payments according to agreed terms, achieve cash collection targets and resolve and minimise overdue debts.
- Ensure all customer requirements are fulfilled and delivered on time in line with the SLA and KPI
- Monitor large commercial queries ensuring that item(s) are progressed and resolved in timely manner
- Escalate any serious concerns accordingly to the Collection Support Specialist.
- Review payment plans when requested
- Place customers on credit hold where necessary
- Regular review calls and some face to face meetings with customers
- Review accounts for legal action
- Review order release requests
- Utilise Side trade to ensure account portfolio is managed effectively ensuring To Do Lists are actioned daily and all activity logged to include invoice qualification.
- Ensure emails are actioned in a timely manner and customer account information is accurate and regularly updated with digital contacts at every opportunity.
- Ensure overtrading is monitored and appropriate actions taken.
- Complete monthly cash forecast and pre-call on all high value amounts above agreed threshold.
- Encourage customers to receive invoices electronically.
- Must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced Credit Controller and ideally with some understanding of Credit Risk
- Must be intermediate at Microsoft excel with the ability to create Pivot tables & use V-LOOKUP
- Experience at using financial software packages
- Must have Good written and numeracy skills
Apply ON-LINE today
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.