Credit Controller required for immediate start in Chester area. Responsible for the effective management of credit control functions within a dynamic company.
Administration experience essential.
Previous experience in a similar role (2+ years) desirable.
Tasks and Responsibilities - (Additional functions may be required throughout employment);
- To effectively manage the credit control function supporting positive cash flow by;
- Chasing debtors by telephone, fax and e-mail, issuing appropriate correspondence, monitoring and recording communications and involving legal services as and when required.
- Ensuring good communication with sales staff is maintained.
- Administering new account applications including obtaining credit reports/trade ref's and maintaining current records on accounts utilising Credit Safe.
- Management of sales credit notes including investigation work.
- Maintaining detailed spreadsheets regularly.
- Preparing and sending Intra-stat reports as required.
- Ensuring automated monthly statements reach all recipients and updating database when required.
- Bank reconciliations and cash receipt allocations.
- Numerous additional monthly, quarterly and other ad hoc reports using SAP, Excel, etc.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the above duties to a high standard, as well as;
- Managing a heavy workload within a scheduled period.
- Be able to communicate freely and efficiently within a team.
- Flexibility, patience and commitment are a must.
- A desire to learn new skills and continue to develop.
Full time position with the potential to have flexible hours.
Hourly pay rate - £12.49.
This is a temporary role for 5 months to cover maternity leave.
Please call Meridian on 01244 304360 for interview or apply via email by sending your CV to
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.