£30000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: plus up to 10% bonus (based on company and personal performance)
020 8680 5777
21 days ago
Do you have an understanding of sales ledger / accounts receivable, and have a flexible and adaptable approach to building strong relationships both with internal departments and a varied international client base?
If the answer is yes to all the above, then you'll be interested in reading more about this unique opportunity based in a fun working environment for an organisation that puts an emphasis on looking after its people!
An international wholesaler and distributor in Croydon are looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join its friendly, hard working accounts team, and take ownership of all aspects of credit control for its UK and US businesses. You will proactively manage the sales debt of both businesses, interacting and building strong relationships with a varied global client base (e.g. America, South America, UK, Europe and Middle East) to reduce, influence, and manage the aged debt position - whilst at the same time using your adaptable communication skills to maintain the relationship and commercial bond with the client.
To be successful in your new role, you will understand the bigger picture, utilising a flexible approach and taking all factors into account when collecting debt as every client and transaction is unique and you could be dealing with any kind of situation that may arise from transporting goods internationally. You will also understand the importance of building strong relationships internally with departments, and be comfortable working with and presenting data, utilising solid MS Excel skills to manipulate, analyse and understand data for reporting purposes and when making decisions.
As Credit Controller, your role will include:
- Managing and reducing sales and aged debt of the business
- Chasing debt through the most effective style and method for each client - either over the phone or by email
- Building relationships with a wide range of customers
- Building strong relationships with internal sales team to help assist with collecting debt
- Submitting documentation to a third party for credit limit applications
- Documenting all client contact with regards to credit control activity
- Resolving any customer invoice disputes
- Handling customer invoice or statement requests
- Releasing sales orders for clients once financial obligations have been met
- Reconciling customer accounts
- Uploading invoices to customer portals when needed
- Implementing late payment charges
- Producing debt or debtor related reports for senior management, using the ERP system and exporting data to MS Excel
- Preparing and posting bank transaction journals using the ERP system
- Reconciling bank accounts
You will have experience using accounting systems or ERP systems and strong MS Excel skills with the ability to manipulate data, use VLOOKUPs and various formulas (e.g. SUMIFs, COUNTIFs). You will also have a solid understanding of accounts receivable processes and how they relate to credit control, and how credit control sits within the wider accounts function.
Strong communications skills and the ability to adapt, thing ahead, and build relationships with clients is also essential.
Salary c. £28-35k depending on level of experience, plus up to 10% bonus (based on both company and personal performance) and other company benefits - including on-site bar and gym!
Initially this will be a home based role due to the current climate, however will end up being based in the office in Croydon.