£40 per hour
10 days ago
I am urgently seeking a Cost Engineer for a short-term assignment on a large refinery project in North Lincolnshire starting in February 2021. You will be reporting to the project controls manager performing cost analysis, cost management and cost control activities.
- Develop project cost plans.
- Report plan vs actual and forecasts and identify and explain variances.
- Manage the change process.
- Identify corrective action plans and manage their implementation.
- Develop work cash flows and manage invoicing relationships.
- Communicate with both the project team and the management team to resolve cost issues.
- Report on earned value metrics and provide detailed analysis.
- Liaise with the project planner to enable the project schedule to be cost loaded.
- Assist in estimate preparation as directed by the project manager and project controls manager.
- Provide cost data input to monthly project report.
- Presentation of cost reports/issues at management meetings.
- Minimum of five years’ experience delivering a similar role in cost engineering, commercial management or quantity surveying.
- Prior use of Project Controls Software Systems.
- MS Office – proficient user.
Meridian Business Support is one of the largest privately owned, multi-sector recruitment companies in the UK. In 2019, we will celebrate 30 successful years in the recruitment industry.
Meridian has an extensive network of 60 branches nationwide, providing over 5,000 temporary staff on a weekly basis and placing over 900 permanent candidates each year.
Meridian Business Support Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.