Conversion Operator - Grade 1 required for a permanent role based on Grimsby's Europarc.
Starting salary is £8.40 on a Continental 5/2 shift pattern
- To be able to run a minimum of 1 slitting machine under supervision
- To clearly follow work instruction documentation, to ensure production meets efficiencies and through puts, to the required technical standards.
- To run machinery to achieve correct standard of product to optimum production levels and to report any quality machine/quality problems to the management team
- To minimise waste levels to meet company requirements and report any deviation to the management team
- To complete machinery safety start-up checks.
- To deal with stoppage problems quickly and efficiently seeking advice where necessary.
- To accurately operate and implement all aspects of the Prism computer system
- To segregate and bag waste into the appropriate waste category
- To complete all required production documentation accurately and on time
- To keep supervisor or setter informed of all problems and material deficiencies
Key Performance Indicators/ Key decisions
Ensuring work is produced in a timely and safe manner.
Accurate production of orders to specification and written instructions
Accurate operation of the PRISM system.
Accurate recording of production onto the quality documents
Ensuring waste is segregated correctly
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Team player able to see their contribution to the overall service including KPI targets.
A person who can challenge in a supportive manner and work constructively with all functions of the business.
Willing to commit to a program of continuous improvement.
Accurate and good attention to detail
Numerate and understanding of production efficiencies
To apply for this position please email a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.