A superb opportunity to work in a beautiful part of the country, for a global manufacturer of precision engineered metal parts. If you are a CI Leader who has proven process improvement skills, and are also a strong people manager, then this role could be just the varied and hands on position you seek. You will ideally be Six Sigma qualified and able to make practical recommendations for change.
- To support the Engineering Manager to ensure that production targets are achieved and the highest standards of quality and health and safety are maintained.
- To produce regular and accurate production information as required and organise and prioritise labour across all the cells in order to meet targets.
- To be fully involved in Kaizan and quality improvements, formulating plans with the Engineering Manager and to lead from the front during the implementation and delivery of new initiatives
- To motivate and develop members of the team through coaching and mentoring, effective communication practices, the delivery of appraisals and the identification of training needs
- Proven experience within lean manufacturing and ideally experience as a dedicated Continuous Improvement specialist.
- Ideally Six Sigma qualified (or similar).
- A good level of knowledge and experience of managing a small team of staff within an engineering assembly environment. If the work involved working with metals, or plating in particular, that would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Previous experience of successfully leading a team is essential, in which you will have gained an ability to prioritise and organise team tasks effectively, and to motivate team members.
- General knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Drive and commitment to ensure that the highest standards of quality and performance are continuously maintained
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to motivate and manage others
26 days holiday per annum (allocated to fixed and flexible dates) plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Working Hours: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8.00am - 1.20pm Friday. 37.50 hours/week.
To apply, or to find out more information, please click on one of the "apply" buttons
Please note that due to a high level of applications, we can only respond immediately to applicants whose skills & qualifications are suitable for this position.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.