Salary - up to £25,000 (DOE)
Great benefits including 25 days annual leave
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and professional Compliance Specialist to join an established and growing FCA regulated business specialising in payment solutions for independent businesses.
Having come from a similar organisation, you will primarily be focusing on the company's FCA and GDPR compliance obligations, so experience within a regulated compliance capacity will be a requirement.
Reporting directly to the Data Protection Officer, the duties for the Compliance Specialist will include but are not limited to:
- Act as subject matter expert on compliance requirements, including regulatory changes and guidance on FCA, GDPR/ICO.
- Responsible for ensuring our company is compliant with all FCA regulations and carry out regular monitoring and testing to ensure compliance is retained.
- Identify and share compliance risks highlighting any issues which may impact or hinder our mission to 'treat our customers fairly'.
- Keep up to date with any regulatory changes ensuring we are adhering to changes and identifying any risks to the senior leadership team, disseminating and sharing knowledge with team and wider business.
The successful Compliance Specialist will have:
- Worked in a compliance-based role in an FCA regulated organisation
- The ability to understand and interpret the regulatory requirements set out by the FCA and the GDPR/ ICO.
- A proven track record of sustaining FCA & GDPR compliance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence, persuade and motivate others.
- An accredited qualification in FCA/GDPR compliance in a financial capacity coupled with experience. - advantageous but not essential
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.