Company Bookkeeper - Part time
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
Are you an experienced Bookkeeper who is looking to work as part of a small, close knit team? Are you seeking a part time role within a busy and fast paced industry?
If so, then we'd like to hear from you!
Meridian Business Support are currently looking to hire a part time Bookkeeper to work 3 days per week (flexibility available on days) Key duties will include maintaining financial records and overseeing the financial health of the company as well as carrying out regular discussions with the company accountant and directors in relation to management accounts.
- Recording financial transactions
- Handling accounts payable and receivable
- Managing receivables to ensure compliance with payment terms
- Paying regular bills for the company
- Maintaining company ledgers
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's review
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services
- Maintaining office supplies by keeping an inventory and ordering new supplies as needed
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others
- Monitoring debt levels and ensuring compliance with company's needs
- Reconciliation of the company bank accounts
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits
- Maintaining petty cash
- Preparation of VAT Returns for review by the company accountants
- Recording/managing staff timesheets to be provided to the company payroll provider in a timely manner to prepare the payroll
- Preparing information for accountants as required
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management
- Experience of a similar role within industry would be desirable, although experience within a practice environment will be reviewed.
- Experience of working with cloud accounting software such as Xero is highly desirable, although full training will be given.
- AAT/IAB/ICB Bookkeeping Qualifications highly desirable, although qualification by experience will be reviewed.
Interested? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please upload your CV as a Microsoft Word document to be immediately considered for interview.
**Meridian Business Support ltd is an equal opportunities employer**
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.