Up to £13.01 per hour
about 2 months ago
Have you worked or volunteered in community engagement or outreach? (on a paid or voluntary basis). If you speak English and Arabic to a confident level, you could use your skills and background to help your community engage with and complete the census for 2021 - a once in each decade event!
HOURS: 15 per week - Hours are flexible and need to be worked to best support the community the role works with (this will include some evening and weekend work).
PAY RATE: £13.01 per hour
DURATION: 26/10/20 through to 07/05/21 - you must be available for this whole period
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: FRIDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2020
This a fantastic opportunity to be part of this incredibly important project - the census gives a snapshot of our society and the results drive real change in Government, business, charities and local authorities, shaping the way many of our services are delivered to us and the communities in which we live.
It is vitally important therefore that all areas and communities in the UK ensure that they contribute fully to this picture, and that's where you come in!
As a Community Adviser you will be responsible for driving that engagement in your area with the Arab community, working with a wide range of groups, organisations, faith and community leaders, raising awareness of the census and arranging activities, workshops and presentations to support people to complete their census questionnaire.
Although much of the time will be working on your own, you will of course be supported by your colleagues and a Census Engagement Manager for your area.
- Experience of community engagement or outreach (paid or voluntary)
- Speak Arabic to a sufficient standard to confidently discuss the census in every-day terms
- Speak English
- Approachable and personable - able develop and manage relationships
- IT skills - experience using a variety of software
- Written and verbal communication skills - able to deliver a presentation or write a report
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Resilient - able to work on your own for much of the time
If this sounds like you then please apply here ASAP!
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.