£14 - £16 per hour
12 days ago
The role will be home based initially with some requirement to visit locations across the South West. Working with internal and external partners to ensure a consistent message and approach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Develop excellent working relationships with programme team members, the regional communications team and communications team members from the health and social care organisations in Somerset.
- Provide advice and guidance to the joint communications senior responsible officers for the Somerset programme on how communications to support the programme, and encourage uptake of the vaccine, should be developed. This should encompass a range of formats and include information aimed at the media, stakeholders and internal audiences.
- Work with teams from the Somerset vaccination programme to identify content aimed at the programme’s diverse audiences across a range of formats.
- Work with the a variety of partners in the vaccination programme to produce content in a range of formats (digital, photographic, print)
- Work with partners to ensure appropriate dissemination of content supporting the Somerset COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- Provide evaluation of communications activity and updates to the joint communications SROs and the vaccination programme.
- Understanding of current issues in the wider context
- Knowledge and understanding of communications
- Sound understanding of media relations work and of the way the news media operate
- Knowledge of different communications formats and ability to use associated software.
- Track record of proactive and reactive communications experience
- Evidence of a good standard of literacy/English language skills
- Effective communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to work with staff at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines and frequent interruptions
- Good time management, ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Effective influencing skills
This role is initially on a temporary contract of up to 6 months, full time or part time hours would be considered and it will involve a mix of home based working and travelling to locations across the South West.
Rate of pay is dependant on experience.