Commercial Manager-Civils. Responsible for leading all commercial aspects of the project, providing commercial support and advice to the team to aid decision making, maintaining commercial information and ensuring compliance with the contractual requirements. It is the Commercial Managers responsibility to evaluate potential implications for dispute resolution and to contribute and develop as appropriate quality, health & safety, welfare and risks in accordance with the companies' management system.
The responsibilities include;
- Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for budgets.
- Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in accordance with management systems.
- Procurement of Sub-Contractors and preparation of Sub-Contractor order documentation.
- Assessing and certification of Sub-Contractor interim payments and ensuring required Payer. / Pay-less notices as issued.
- Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Account.
- Managing and valuing Valuations.
- Preparation and Extension of Time and Loss & Expense Submissions.
- Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues and identification and management of commercial risks.
- Production and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on projects.
- Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
- Degree qualified
- Construction Experience
- Sound Commercial Awareness
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills
- High levels of organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent numerical, IT and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast moving Environment
- Ability to work on initiative with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of construction contracts particularly the JCT & NEC Forms of Contract
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.