Our client based in Gateshead is looking for a Coach Builder to join their team, within the engineering main function, ensuring that all vehicles are maintained to ensure that they are reliable, safe and available for service at all times.
- Carry out repairs on company vehicles and complete associated paperwork.
- Prepare vehicles for annual test above DVSA standards and complete associated paperwork.
- Carry out minor Mechanical & Electrical repairs.
- The Recovery of disabled vehicles and carry out vehicle changeovers.
- Carry Out First Use Checks & Return to Service Inspections and complete any associated paperwork.
- Drive company vehicles, where qualified and perform associated tasks as directed.
- Be a proactive positive team member.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt to the companies needs when requested.
- To carry out all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To handle vehicles and any other Company equipment with due care and attention.
- To ensure that the vehicles required for service are serviced at the highest possible standard and that the instructions of the Fleet Engineer in this respect are carried out.
- In the event of breakdowns, accidents, changeovers, to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers and to co-operate with Police, DVSA and Local Authorities.
- To ensure that equipment and cleaning materials are not abused and any faults reported to Management.
- To ensure compliance with the Factories Act, Health and Safety at Work Act or any other Acts, rules or regulations which the company adheres to.
- To ensure the compliance of the companies policies and procedures at all times.
The right candidate will be flexible to work shifts and overtime when required.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Business.