£31600 - £36900 per annum + £150 bonus per month
TA Sliding Head Tewk_1570443314
8 months ago
Immediate start / after notice
Job Title CNC Lathe Setter/Operator (Sliding Head also known as 'Swiss-type' lathe)
Location Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Salary £31,600 - £36,900 (hourly rate £15.60 and £18.20 per hour) + monthly bonus averaging £150 per month
Working hours Twilight shift, 4:30pm - 2:45am Monday - Thursday
Benefits High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life assurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Are you a skilled CNC lathe Setter/Operator with experience of setting and operating CNC sliding head lathes (also known as 'Swiss-type' lathes)?
Do you have a background of working with components to high precision specifications where quality comes first?
Then please do read on, you might be just who we're looking for...
I've been appointed by a local precision engineering company to support their search for a skilled Machinist to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company I'm working with have been supplying precision engineered components to aerospace, medical and general industry for many years from their purpose built facility just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and surrounding areas.
They're now in a position to take on a skilled CNC lathe (sliding head) Setter/Operator to join the team on a permanent basis as the business prepares for a large growth in business over the next five years.
Sliding head experience is a must for this position.
The work you will be doing will be a mixture of making high precision, high value, low volume specialist components made to customer order and some higher batch precision components too. Batch sizes range from one-offs to 100+.
Experience of CNC programming isn't needed, but you will be selecting the correct program, completing full machine set up, tool selection, tool adjustments and changes, making minor offset adjustments to programs as needed.
You'll be checking your work against drawings throughout the machining process too so you'll need to be familiar with using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers and depth gauges with minimal supervision and you'll be shown how to use a CMM if you don't already know how.
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- starting rate proposed to be between £15.60 and £18.20 per hour to begin with, depending on your experience;
- decent amount of overtime available;
- this position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- lots of free parking always available
- well maintained CNC machines with regular investment in the latest equipment
- modern, clean, well organised facilities;
- a friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style;
- long term order book with established specialist contracts;
- Holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid, Christmas shut down;
- life cover;
- all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) paid for by the company.
- Please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this CNC Lathe Setter Operator position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Key words for search purposes only: CNC lathe machining setter operator precision engineering machine programming sliding head sliding headstock swiss lathe GL20 8TD
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.