Job Title: Stores Person (engineering stores)
Location: Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: We're looking to offer a very competitive salary plus generous bonus and benefits scheme
Working hours: Day shift 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday to Thursday, 8:00am to 1:00pm Friday
Benefits: High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life insurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Planned start date: January 2020 or perhaps sooner.
This position would suit someone who has Managed an engineering stores operation in a CNC Machining environment before or perhaps an experienced CNC Machinist who is looking to step away from the machine tools into a stores role.
Stores Person required by a well established, highly reputable precision engineering business in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire. This is a great time to join a growing local company, producing the highest quality products for customers worldwide.
Taking over from a respected and well liked Stores Person who is retiring next year after many years with the business, you will be responsible for managing the arrival, storage, issue and reporting of all material movements into the factory and in and out of internal stores.
You will benefit from a six-month handover period, making sure that you're happy and settled before you take over the reins.
Some more about the job
The main duties of the role include:
- Issuing requested materials from the stores, recording transactions on the stock recording system
- Issuing loaned tools from stores, recording transactions out and back in
- Assisting with the receipt of deliveries ensuring the items and quantities match with the purchase order
- Regular contact with suppliers, placing and tracking orders, building relationships and, in time, contributing to supplier selection
- Becoming the key user for internal tool ordering systems and software and 'smart drawer' tool vending system
- Operating materials handling equipment to move items around the factory
- Delivery and collection of materials as required
- Apply experience and share ideas on improving procedures both in stores and material control, and across the factory.
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- be organised, methodical, tidy and precise
- have experience of working in an engineering environment (CNC milling/turning/grinding)
- have excellent people skills
- have good numeracy skills
- be Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- have used a stores or stock control computer system previously
- be a team player who has a flexible approach and able to demonstrate good time management.
Not essential, but it will further your application if you:
- have used materials handling equipment (training will be arranged)
- hold a current driving licence to use company vehicle once in a while
Sounds like you?
Take a look at the package on offer...
- Very competitive salary - please do get in touch for more details
- High value monthly bonus scheme
- This position is a permanent job from day one
- Lots of free parking available
- Well maintained machinery with regular investment in the latest equipment
- Modern, clean, well organised facilities
- A friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable, supportive management style
- Long term order book with established specialist contracts
- Holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid and Christmas shut down
- Life cover
- Uniform and safety equipment paid for by the company
- Please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this Stores Person position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
No problem! Please do get in touch and we'll see how we can help.
Key words for search purposes: stores materials tools supplier GL20 8NA
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.