Job Title CNC Setter Operator (if you're a Programmer also, then please do get in touch too)
Location Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Contract Type Permanent
Salary £26,000 - £27,000 (hourly rate between £12.00 and £12.50 per hour) + monthly bonus averaging £150 per month (realistic earnings: £26,000 - £27,000) + overtime to take earnings even further.
Working hours Day shift, 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Thursday, 08:00am - 1:00pm Friday.
Benefits High value monthly bonus scheme, generous pension contributions, life insurance, Christmas shut down, holiday entitlement increases with service, free uniform, regular overtime and free on-site parking.
Do you have experience of setting and operating multi-axis CNC Machinery?
Do you have experience of working with Fanuc or Siemens operating systems?
Do you have a background of working with components to high precision specifications where quality comes first?
Then please do read on, you might be just who we're looking for...
I've been appointed by a local precision engineering company to support their search for a skilled CNC Machinist to join their team on a permanent basis.
The company I'm working with have been supplying precision engineered components to a variety of industries for many years from their purpose built facility just off junction 9 of the M5 motorway in Tewkesbury, commutable from Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester and surrounding areas.
They're now in a position to take on a skilled CNC Setter/Operator to join the team on a permanent basis as the business prepares for a large growth in business over the coming years.
This position is for a CNC Grinder Setter/Operator (or programmer if you have the skills) but if your experience has been gained working with other, multi-axis CNC machinery, we would be pleased to hear from you as training can be given to help you transfer your skills to the machinery being used.
You'll be working on technically complex components, working to tight tolerances. You'll be working on a mixture of high precision, high value, low volume specialist components made to customer order and some small to medium batch precision components too.
You will be selecting the correct program, completing machine set up, selecting appropriate tools and inspecting first off components. As you gain in competence with the machinery, this job will see you making tooling adjustments and making minor offset changes to programs as needed.
You'll be checking your work against drawings throughout the grinding process too so you'll need to be familiar with using standard measuring equipment such as verniers, micrometers and gauges with minimal supervision.
Sounds like you? Take a look at the package on offer...
- starting rate proposed to be between £12.00 and £12.50 per hour to begin with, depending on your experience;
- monthly bonus averaging £170 per month, taking realistic earnings to £26,000 - £27,000;
- regular overtime available;
- this position is a permanent job from day one working directly for our client, not a temporary or contracting role
- lots of free parking always available
- well maintained machines with regular investment in the latest equipment
- modern, clean, well organised facilities;
- a friendly, welcoming team atmosphere and very knowledgeable and supportive management style;
- long term order book with established specialist contracts;
- holiday entitlement rising with length of service, plus all bank holidays paid, Christmas shut down;
- life cover;
- all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) paid for by the company.
- please get in touch for a complete benefits package
To apply for this CNC Setter Operator position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
Don't have a CV?
No problem, just give me a call or send me a quick email and we can help.
Key words for search purposes only: CNC grinder grinding setter operator cylindrical cylinder surface grinding Fanuc Siemens precision engineering GL20 8TD
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.