£35000 - £45000 per annum
TA ProgEst1 Glos_1575649030
4 months ago
Job title: Production Engineer (sub-contract CNC precision engineering machine shop)
Location: Gloucester, GL2
Working hours: 39 hour working week (7.30am - 4.00pm Mon-Thurs, early finish Friday) overtime readily available.
Salary: We're looking to offer a salary of £35,000 - £45,000 depending on your experience
Benefits: Competitive salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, pension contributions, life assurance policy, Christmas shut down, free on-site parking, clean, bright and modern facilities, regular investment in new equipment with two new CNC machine tools planned for 2020 already.
Contract type: permanent
Start date: 3rd February 2020 or sooner, depending on availability
A brand-new vacancy for a Production Engineer has arisen to work for a hidden gem of a sub-contract CNC precision engineering business in the heart of Gloucester. The long-term relationships with its suppliers and the reputation for quality the company has developed over the years has resulted in a broad and diverse customer base with precision machined component parts being shipped every day to small, private customers and to household name businesses in aerospace, medical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical and motor sport amongst others.
Reporting to the Managing Director your skills and experience coupled with your friendly and conscientious attitude will ensure machining processes are the best they can be, delivering products of the highest quality to our customers on time and in full.
Your duties will include (amongst other things):
- receiving customer drawings, clarifying and querying as required;
- programming 3 and 4 axis CNC mills using CAD CAM software;
- identifying and selecting best tooling for each job;
- program prove out, review and refine;
- writing machining methods, seeking the most cost effective yet viable machining plans;
- managing non-conformances to ensure accurate reporting, timely closure, containment and corrective action;
- handling telephone calls or meeting with current customers and new business clients;
- using email to communicate both internally and with customers;
- optimising machining operations where possible and generally driving machining efficiency all the time working with a small group of skilled and experienced CNC Machinists, drawing on their experience and agreeing best course of action.
About you (the essentials)
In order to be considered for this position you will be skilled at, and will have demonstrable experience of:
- reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings and customer specifications;
- programming 3 and 4 axis CNC mills using CAD/CAM software;
- selecting appropriate tooling and working with tooling representatives when needed;
- writing machining method documents, clarifying best order of operations;
- understanding how plating and anodising affects the dimensions of machined items;
- carrying out precision CNC machining processes, with an appreciation for conventional/manual milling, turning and grinding operations too;
- dealing with customers over the phone or face to face and
- managing time efficiently to meet required deadlines.
About you (the 'not essential but nice to haves')
It would be great if you are skilled at, and have experience of the following:
- writing competitive yet profitable quotes to produce CNC machined components for customers (or the aptitude for learning to quote in the future);
- programming CNC lathes at the machine (Fanuc control panels);
- using MRP systems software to manage the throughput of customer orders and to plan workloads;
- using Microsoft Office software, Word and Excel;
- sourcing of materials and sub contract services;
- determination of labour costs based on shop floor processes;
- working with twin spindle, twin turret or Sliding Head CNC lathes and
- working with cylindrical or surface grinding equipment.
To apply for this Production Engineer position
Don't worry - we promise complete confidentiality.
If you'd like to be considered as a candidate for this vacancy or if you'd just like to find out more, please do use the 'apply now' button on this advertisement to send in your CV or get in touch directly with me, Tom Andrews on 01242-246-022, 01242/246/022 or by email on tandrews(at)meridianbs.co.uk.
No CV? If you feel that this might be the job for you, but you don't have a CV, please don't worry - give me a quick call and we'll see how we can help.
Key words for search purposes: Production Engineer manufacturing engineer CNC Programmer programming Miller Turner GL2 2BY
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.